Tourism Fiji’s primary role is to promote Fiji as a world class tourist destination for the purpose of maximising sustainable and long term benefits to Fiji.
During the global pandemic, Tourism Fiji is focussed on keeping Fiji in the hearts and minds of consumers around the world, and ensuring they know Fiji is a wonderful place to visit, when the time is right.
Our Headquarters is located at Nadi. We are seeking a result oriented individual to join our Nadi based team for the role of:
CONSUMER MARKETING OFFICER
Reporting to the Director of Marketing
Key accountabilities summary:
- Contribute to the delivery of activities identified in the annual Marketing Plan.
- Curation and creation of written content pieces for website, e-newsletters, press releases
- Contribution of marketing campaigns and development of relevant assets to ensure successful global media plans are achieved
- Work with nominated PR teams in the market to align publicity activities with strategic priorities and promotional activities.
- Develop relationships with key industry stakeholders and provide awareness of Tourism Fiji’s activities to ensure maximum engagement and participation.
- Undertake administrative activities including payments/closure of accounts and report compilation.
- Represent Tourism Fiji at events and undertake any other projects and duties which may occasionally be assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and Essential Attributes:
- A Degree in Tourism Management/Marketing from a recognised tertiary institution with at least 12 months internship or work experience in hospitality, PR or in the travel industry.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and networking skills to develop strong relationships and communicate confidently with key stakeholders.
- Curious with strong understanding of customer and market dynamics to effectively deliver marketing plans.
- Strong planning and administrative skills to organise events and undertake any other projects
- Focussed on self-development, growth and being the best they can be
- Adaptable to changes in consumer behaviour with flexibility to work in different time zones and after hours.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Confidential applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Marketing Officer” in the subject title.
As part of the application, please submit an example of your written English skills by writing a short paragraph, in no less than 150 words, about why you love Fiji.
Furthermore, a typed application letter should contain an outline of your proven experience of how you meet the criteria stated above with salary expectation and an updated resume containing names of three referees addressed to the:
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 9217, Nadi Airport, Fiji
Phone: (679) 6722433
Applications close at 4.00 pm on Friday, 5th February, 2021 and interviews will be conducted shortly thereafter. Only those who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Vinaka.