Tourism Fiji is the statutory body that is responsible for marketing and promoting Fiji as a tourist destination globally.
Tourism Fiji is seeking to recruit an experienced, visionary and highly motivated leader for the position of Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) to be based in Fiji and lead the organisation. It is seeking a highly capable individual who can hit the ground running in managing the organisation through the current disruption caused by COVID-19 to get the destination back on track and ensure the world knows Fiji is the “place where happiness finds you”.
Reporting to the Board of Tourism Fiji, the key accountabilities of the CEO position include:
- Provide leadership within Tourism Fiji in accordance with its vision and mission and nurture an environment that builds a strong and effective management team, and fosters a positive working environment for high performance and cohesion
- Develop and implement strategic plans that ensures the sustainability and growth of Tourism Fiji, meets expectations of the Board of Directors and is aligned with the Tourism Ministry’s comprehensive development plan, The Fijian Tourism 2021
- Oversee the development of annual Marketing Plans for each of Tourism Fiji’s international offices
- Represent the organisation and the tourism industry at relevant local and international forums, and discussions with Government, trade partners and other relevant stakeholders. Be an influential / key contributor at high level industry and government meetings and events to shape policy and programs across Fiji that impact the destination’s tourism industry
- Responsible for operating budgets and overseeing the timely and accurate financial reporting, and monitoring and reporting of the financial performance against budget and agreed targets.
Qualification, Experience and Essential Attributes:
- A Degree in Marketing, Management, Communication and/or Tourism or any other relevant field
- At least 15 years of strategic management experience in a senior position, with strong business acumen including demonstrated ability to attract, manage and acquit government funds with proven experience in media relations, marketing, public relations, etc
- A passion for tourism is essential along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and pragmatically with all level of stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation, organisational, financial, verbal and written skills.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Applications for this position should include a current resume and an outline of your proven experience to carry out the role and how you meet the criteria above.
All applications will be treated with strict confidence and should be received by Friday 27 November 2020 quoting ‘Chief Executive Officer – Tourism Fiji’
Post: P O Box 200, Suva, Fiji
Telephone enquires may be directed to
Ms. Vineet Vinishma on (679) 3313955.